Do I need a permit to drive my golf cart or ATV on City Streets?

Yes, you must apply for a permit at City Hall, or you can download and complete the golf cart application form and return it to City Hall upon completion.  The fee is $15.00 for a 3-year permit. We require a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Our full fee schedule is available here.

I want to camp at one of the campgrounds in town. What do I need to know?
  • We have 7 campsites at Triangle Park. These have water, electric (50 and 30 amp), and a dump station.
  • We have 6 campsites at Nellie’s Park. This just has electric at 50 amp. Both locations have a bathroom.
  • There is a fee collection box on site. The fee to stay is $20.00 per night and no reservations are needed.
Where can I get a zoning permit?

You can stop up at City Hall or you may print off the form from our forms page.

Who do I call to mark my utility lines if I need to dig?

Gopher StateOne will come mark your utility lines for no charge. You can call Gopher StateOne at (800) 252-1166 and they will contact all the companies who need to mark their utility lines. You must call at least 3 working days prior to digging.

What is the number for Prairie Five Rides?

Prairie Five Rides can be reached at (877) 757-4337. They operate Mon-Fri.

How do I contact the senior nutrition site?

The Prairie Five Senior Nutrition site phone number is (320) 598-3465 and is located in the Community Room at City Hall. They prefer that you call one day ahead to sign up for meals.

Why is my water bill high?

You could possibly have a leaky toilet or trouble with a water heater or softener.

Can I reserve the Community Center?

The Community Center at City Hall is available to be reserved by non-profit organizations only. If you are a non-profit group and would like to reserve the Community Center, download and complete our application form or call (507) 223-7295

How do I reserve the picnic shelter at the park?

The city only reserves the shelter at Central Park. The other shelters are on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you would like to reserve the Central Park picnic shelter, please call 507-223-7295 or complete and return the picnic table rental form and return it to City Hall.

Do I need a permit to put up a fence?

While we do not have a building permit for fences, make sure the fence is on your property. You will be responsible for maintaining both sides of the fence. If you are on a corner, make sure the fence does not impede any line of site for drivers.